One of the main goals of cancer research is to find a treatment that can stop the spreading of the disease in the body and work only on tumors, without affecting the health of the internal organs.
Among the progresses made in this direction, the discovery of the effects IP6 has on cancer cells is one of the most significant, making specialists trying to decode the mechanisms of this terrible disease hope that the day when they will find the answers they are looking for is close.
What Is IP6?
Scientifically known as inositol hexaphosphate, it is a compound similar to carbohydrates that can be found in a lot of foods with a high content of fibers, such as beans, corn, brown rice or sesame seeds. Consuming it brings a lot of health benefits, development of the eye membrane, stimulation of the hair growth and better assimilation of insulin and calcium being just some of them.
Cancer research proved IP6 to be very effective in stopping tumor growth by preventing cells multiplication. The process is a "cold" one, involving no exposure to radiations that, in some cases, could affect the healthy organs.
Some scientists involved in the IP6 research projects discovered that the substance can even turn cancer cells into normal ones, an effect never seen in any known cancer treatment.
How IP6 Works for Different Types of Cancer
- Prostate cancer - It was noticed that the substance prevents existing tumors from becoming malign, decreasing their size. Slowing down the division process of the sick cells is another effect IP6 has in treating prostate cancer.
- Pancreatic cancer - Pancreatic cancer research results showed that, when administrated to patients diagnosed with this condition, the pills containing the substance lowered the level of toxicity in the affected organ, triggering a stronger response of the immune system towards the attack of the cancer cells.
- Breast cancer - IP6 showed great effectiveness in reducing the size of breast tumors. It also destroys the lines of sick cells that have increased resistance to the active substances in the drugs usually administered in order to stop tumor growth.
According to the latest cancer research news regarding the action of IP6, the substance also has positive effects in treating other forms of cancer, but their specific is still being studied and the official results of the laboratory tests have not been published yet.
The latest tendency in cancer research is to focus on finding alternatives to the already classic combination of surgery, chemotherapy and radiations exposure, known for the serious side effects that, in some cases, are even greater than the benefits.
Specialists in various types of cancer recommend their patients to follow natural treatments based on plants and herbs besides the drugs they were prescribed, and the tendency is justified, if we consider the numerous studies testifying to the efficiency of these natural treatments.
Herbs with Curative Properties
A lot of tests conducted in the laboratories of some of the most reputed cancer research centers show the huge potential plants have in destroying cancer cells and strengthening the immune system. While some of these plants are very little known to regular people, others are frequently consumed and can be found in almost any household.
- Milk thistle - This medicinal plant has been used for centuries as treatment for irregular, painful or abundant menstruation, but also for stimulating the production of milk. Doctors currently recommend it for cirrhosis, B hepatitis and other affections of the liver. It is rich in flavanoid sylimarin, a substance known for playing a great role in eliminating toxins. Other compounds found in milk thistle attack cancer cells, preventing tumors expansion and even shrinking them.
- Turmeric - Mainly used as a spice, it has an almost miraculous effect in preventing the spreading of the cells responsible for breast cancer, research and tests demonstrating that tumors growth is slowed down 98% more effectively than by exposure to radiations. Turmeric is also known for increasing the capacity of the immune system to fight cancer cells and for accelerating the healing of the wounds.
- Garlic - Although many people use it as an ingredient for their meals or even consume it raw, they do not realize the huge health benefits it brings about. The phytochemicals the garlic contains help the organism eliminate the free radicals responsible for the apparition of many forms of cancer. Other compounds prevent the formation of clots, stimulating blood flow. Last, but not least, the substances contained by garlic are known for attacking cancer cells and stopping the evolution of tumors.
Turning to nature for help is not a bad thing but rather a progress in cancer research, specialists getting the answers they need in order to stay one step ahead of this malady and its devastating consequences.
When it comes to cancer, research plays an important role, not only in discovering new, less painful and more effective cures, but also in preventing this illness and its devastating effects through natural methods.
One good example is the alkaline diet, a lot of specialists claiming that it stops the multiplication of the cancer cells, kills the existing ones and diminishes the size of the tumors.
How Does the Alkaline Diet Work?
According to the results of many cancer research studies focusing on the causes and the evolution of the disease, the high level of acidity in the organism is one of the factors that can contribute to the apparition of various tumors.
The low pH level increases the amount of hydrogen ions in the organism, leading to the apparition of an environment that is extremely toxic for the cells of the different internal organs. As a consequence, the structure of these cells modifies, and they turn into cancer cells.
By following a diet based exclusively on alkaline foods, the pH balance can be restored and the cancerous tumors can decrease in size. More than that, some of them can completely disappear if they are constantly exposed to the right environment, as a significant number of laboratory cancer research studies and experiments prove.
What Foods Should an Alkaline Diet Include?
- Foods to eat - The specialists supporting the theory that alkaline foods play an important role in curing different forms of cancer recommend sufferers to consume as many vegetables as they can, especially dark leafy greens such as broccoli and cabbage. Buckwheat groats, nuts, spelt and seeds are other foods to be included in an alkaline diet, along with limes, grapefruits, lemons and oranges that can be consumed raw or as freshly prepared juice.
- Foods to avoid - Meats such as poultry, beef and pork are at the top of the list with foods that should be avoided, because they raise the level of acidity in the organism. Other foods, such as corn oils, saturated fats, eggs and dairy products must also be avoided. Also, those who want to follow the alkaline diet are strongly advised to give up sugar and to quit smoking and drinking beverages that contain alcohol.
Important cancer research institutions promote the idea of combining the classic drugs treatments with natural methods in order to win the fight with this terrible disease, recommending sufferers to integrate the alkaline diet in their treatment plan.
With an increasing number of people suffering from various forms of cancer, research became one of the main concerns of sufferers, their relatives and doctors and scientists alike.
However, although aware of the important role research plays in fighting this life threatening condition, only a few people outside this field understand its complexity and are familiar with the huge resource investments it requires.
Cancer Research Basic Information
The identification of the external and internal factors that can trigger the disease, the improvement of the diagnosis methods, the development of new treatments and prevention strategies, as well as the improvement of the existing ones are just a few of the purposes research serves.
The results are applied to various treatment methods, such as hormone therapy, surgical procedures, chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
Throughout the last couple of decades, research focused on improving the newly discovered biotechnologies, new fields, like gene therapy and immunotherapy emerging from this. However, the classic laboratory experiments and clinical tests were not neglected.
Areas of Cancer Research
- Oncogenomics - This field is relatively new, and its goal is the identification of the genes that can suppress cancerous tumors. The importance of the oncogenomics lies in the fact that the condition can be, not only treated, but also prevented more effectively. Thanks to the results of these studies, more than 350 types of tumors and over 13,000 of genetic mutations were indentified.
- Study of causality - The connection between the factors that trigger cancer and those that favor the multiplication of the cancer cells is still a mystery for specialists. To see how different circumstances are linked, scientists study eating habits, genetic predispositions and the environment the patients live in. The answers they get are very useful in establishing the treatment with the highest efficiency and fewest and mildest side effects for each sufferer.
- Prevention - It is a discipline of great importance, aiming to discover and test new drugs and vaccines that help the immune system respond promptly in case the organism is invaded by cancer cells. Specialists make efforts to develop a universal anti-cancer vaccine, by extracting cells from tumors, exposing them to UV rays and introducing them into living organisms. Although the procedure has a high rate of success when tested in the laboratory, it still needs perfection before being used on human subjects.
Every progress registered in different areas of cancer research means countless lives saved and a longer, better life for the people who were already diagnosed with this condition.